Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year. I took almost two weeks off from tools and my day job to spend time with my kids and family. It was a great time and it felt great to take a break for a bit. With the new year I’ve made some resolutions and goals some of which are woodworking and tool related:
- Finish a woodworking project this year. Any project- I need to get back in the shop on a regular basis.
- Get rid of my pile of handsaws. It’s embarrassing and takes up too much room. Sell the good ones, find a place to send those that need rehab, and put the junk in the junk pile.
- Quit using the lever cap as a screwdriver to loosen and tighten the cap iron screw. It’s convenient and it fits, but it’s not the right tool for the job. Use a screwdriver.
- Pare Down my spare parts inventory. I have a huge inventory of spare hand plane and tool parts. I will be adding a “parts” section to my For Sale section soon to help get some of this stuff into the hands of those who need it.
- Answer all email within 24 hours. I’ve been way behind on email lately. I need to get better about this.
I have some other personal goals and resolutions for the upcoming year- small, attainable things, not life changing or impossible.
So, on to the tools- I added about 90 tools and related items to my For Sale page today- some good carving tools, molding planes, saws, etc. Lots of good usable tools. Take a look and contact me if you find something you like.
Thanks for reading. Have a happy and healthy 2013!